Brookline Street Studio is now Birch Paper and Home!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Back to Basics



The very first products in my line were handbound books. Now that my business encompassess everything from antique furniture to vintage-inspired stationery, I don't often get the opportunity to set up my studio for just one thing: making books. Well, this past week I did find that opportunity, and just loved it. There is something so peaceful in the process for me. Starting with nothing but paper, bookboard and glue, I end up with beautiful books that will be cherished for years to come. My inspiration for this endeavor was a custom guestbook order for an upcoming wedding. Since I was making one book, I thought, why not just make several? Here are some happy pics:







Earlier in the week I made a different batch of books. These ones are made by recycling the covers of old books and turning them inside-out to show-off their beautiful endpapers. Why let something so beautiful go hidden for so long?





One last photo: a mischievious puppy in my studio. Hmmmmm...I see a sock, some torn paper... Happy? Yes! It's a good thing he's so cute!

2 comments:

  1. love the inside out books-the end papers are beautiful. Cocoa can cause as much trouble as he wants-with that face! what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos of your books! And Puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete