Brookline Street Studio is now Birch Paper and Home!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blue Cheese Polenta with Vegetable Saute



Monday nights are "special dinner" nights at my house.  My sister and one or more friends join me in trying a new recipe...something we'd never make for our kids.  A meal just for us.  I cook.  My sister brings wine.  Marie supplies the salad.  Last night, I made this recipe, and it was delicious!


Blue Cheese Polenta
3 cups lowfat milk
1/2 cup water
2/3 cups quick cooking polenta
one small container of gorgonzola cheese crumbles
salt and pepper to taste

Bring milk and water to a boil.  Turn down heat and add polenta slowly, whisking vigorously.  Continue to cook and whisk for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in gorgonzola.  Season with salt and pepper.  Serve immediately with vegetable ragout.

Vegetable Saute
2 T olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, sliced thin
1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
12 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I used a combination of shiitake, portabella, crimini and white)
1-1/2 t fresh thyme, chopped
2 T fresh parsley, chopped roughly
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat.  Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.  Add red pepper and asparagus, saute another 2 minutes.  Add mushrooms and saute until vegetables are cooked, but still firm, about 4 minutes.  Stir in thyme and parsley and serve over blue cheese polenta.

I hope you have an opportunity to try this recipe for yourself!

Have a happy day,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment