Brookline Street Studio is now Birch Paper and Home!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

FLEA MARKET SEASON!




The flea market season is ON!!!!  There is something so ethereal, so intimate, so...um...awesome!...about sifting through flea market treasures!  Always on the lookout for paper items (got a great little box of Dennison labels for $1!) and books (picked up two beauties), but I never know what else will catch my eye.  There always seems to be a theme, and this week was no exception! 

My largest pic of the weekend was this fantastic vintage tea cart.  Cocktails anyone????



Had to have this harvest basket:)


 I can never pass up a good pair of field glasses.  These are spectacular, even the case is in great condition!  And look at the close-up...meant to be!



It may have had something to do with the fact that I brought a BOY with me to the flea, but I was attracted to romantic books...hmmm....  Thanks, Doug!  You have a great picker's eye!



I have a great collection of these little metal security boxes.  They will be transformed in an upcoming post!


The vast majority of my finds were of the "rustic" variety.  Barn Sale-type finds, for sure!  First off, a couple of great divided crates with iron handles.


Loved the green chippy paint and size of this old tool box.  Long and narrow.  Perhaps I'll mount it on brackets as a wall shelf? 


Not sure yet what I will do with this old camping toaster, but, well, it spoke to me...


This piece, is just plain awesome!  This vise was used in making wagon wheels.  Can you say COOL!


Look at the character in this wood!


And this crank is hand-forged!


How will I repurpose this treasure?  I haven't yet decided, but it will be gorgeous!

Thanks for flea-ing with me!

Have a happy day!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment