Brookline Street Studio is now Birch Paper and Home!

Monday, July 12, 2010

Changes on the way!






This is the current "splash" collage on my website. I love the site design (by August Afternoon--highly recommended!), but it just doesn't reflect the heart of my business. So, I've decided to branch out and and am so excited to report that I just hired Sarah Duckett of Sadie Olive to redesign my website/blog/etc! I kind of jumped into the whole website thing headfirst and bought a ready-made template to save money. As much as I love the design, it's just time for something new...



Earlier this evening, I was telling my friend Kris (of Cricket Acres--you'll see more of her, I promise!) during our first "Think and Drink" (you know, discussing business plans over a glass or two of wine) that I didn't have a whole lot of time for planning my Brookline Street adventure. From day one, this business just seemed to take on a life of its own. I guess that's God's way. If I planned, organized, and moved it forward, the business never would have gotten off the ground. God knows, I would have really messed it up!




I feel like I'm in a back-up-and-take-perspective phase of the business. I've explored enough paths to know the direction I want this thing to go. I've made a lot of "mistakes" in the process, but, hey, I also learned a lot on the way. Experience and exploration is certainly a lot cheaper than an MBA!



My happy for today is Kris. She is an inspiring, creative, and just-plain-wonderful woman. I'm blessed to call her my friend and I look forward to many, many more "Think-and-Drink" Mondays! Kris recently welcomed her husband home from a year in Iraq. Please remember the families left at home as you prayer for the safety of our soldiers overseas. They make enormous sacrifices on our behalf and deserve our gratitude, respect and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment